Oxford Ambulance Association is an appoved testing site for Connecticut and NREMT practical/psychomotor examinations.
The exam will take place at Oxford Center School 462 Oxford Road Oxford CT 06478
All exams are supervised under the direction of Department of Health Office of Emergency Medical Services
Practical Examinations are open to persons who have completed a Connecticut OEMS approved Emergency Medical Technician course within 2 years of their exam date, are having an expired Connecticut or NREMT certification reinstated, or are completing the examination for endorsement as an EMT.
The exam consists of the following NREMT stations:
· Cardiac Arrest Management
· Bag-Valve-Mask Ventilation of an Apneic Adult Patient
· Patient Assessment/Management – Medical
· Patient Assessment/Management – Trauma
· Random Skill
· Registration is on a first come first serve basis. There is no waiting list.
· There are no registration transfers allowed, please choose your testing date carefully.
· Payment (by credit card only) is due at time of registration.
· Payment is non-refundable. In the event that an exam is cancelled (inclement weather, catastrophic event, or lack of candidates), your registration will be transferred to the next available testing date.
· If an exam is cancelled, you will be notified via email and it will be posted on this site.
· If you register for a date, you own it. No Refunds for whatever reason. We cannot replace you with anyone else per OEMS.
· Please NO second party callers or emails, this testing site will only deal with persons being tested.
· By you registering for an Exam you agree to all terms of this Exam.
· Registration closes 15 days prior to the exam day
· All candidates must bring positive proof of identity in the form of a government issued PHOTO ID (Driver’s License, Military ID, or Passport). You will not be admitted to the test without an acceptable photo ID.
· Candidates must not wear any clothing that identifies them to an organization, agency, or department (i.e. Fire Department shirts). No hats will be permitted in the examination. Clothing should also be appropriate for the movements and activities being performed (skirts, open toe shoes and low-cut shirts are not permitted). Those dressed inappropriately will be required to change attire prior to the start time of the test.
*Any candidate that does not comply with the above rules will not be allowed entry into the examination and will forfeit their examination fee.
Requesting Special Accommodations:
Testing Accommodations may only be provided with authorization from OEMS in advance of the examination. Documentation supporting the need for accommodation must be supplied with the requests. All requests for special accommodation must be made no less than ten (10) business days prior to the examination with the Connecticut Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS).
All candidates MUST be registered 10 days prior to the test. No REGISTRATIONS will be accepted within 10days of the test.
Results are emailed by OEMS within ten (10) business days following the test to your EMS-Instructor who will notify their candidates of the results. No examination results are distributed on the day of the exam. Oxford Ambulance will only receive results for our students.
All exams start at 8:00am unless otherwise noted,
Candidates arriving after 7:50 AM WILL NOT be admitted into the examination and will forfeit their examination fee! There are no refunds for those that do not show up. Doors open at 7:20am
Phones, Smart Watches, Radios, and Pagers are NOT permitted in the building.